We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yu-gi-oh!

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
yu-gi-oh!

Hi

I'm coming to New York this Friday in the hope of getting some Christmas bargains!!! My son is a really big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh and I was hoping to get him some merchandise for this Trading Card Game. Is this popular in the states or am I best buying things over here? I dont want to return home to find nothing is left in the shops in the UK and that I've got a very disappointed little boy on Christmas morning.

Thanks very much - by the way only 5 sleeps till my visit to NY (first time) and I cant wait.

Debs

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,467 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yu-gi-oh!

I'd never heard of it before your post but did a quick search to find that it is here. I think most toy stores will have something. Toys r us in Times Square would be a good bet I think.

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yu-gi-oh!

Thanks very much, I dont know why I didnt think of looking on the website !!!!

I will probably wait and hopefully do my shopping in New York, escpecially with the excellent rate us brits can get at the moment.

Thanks again, if anybody else has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Debs

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yu-gi-oh!

I was in NY last week and I bought a Yu-gi-oh duel disc launcher for my 5yr. I paid $24 in toys r us in Time Square and I was stunned today when I saw it in a newspaper here for nearly twice that. I also bought him a back pack with a wallet attached for only $7. The duel disc launcher comes in a very big box so I had to take it out of the box to bring it home.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yu-gi-oh!

Yu Gi Oh is still popular but not as popular as it was a few years ago. If you happen to be in Chinatown during your visit you may also find some interesting Yu Gi Oh stuff there as well. I wouldn't make a special trip just for that though.

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yu-gi-oh!

Thanks very much for the info everyone.

Only 2 days to go now and I cant wait......

Debs