We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Delta airlines

scotland
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Flying with Delta airlines

I am flying direct from Edinburgh to JFK with Delta airlines, has anyone flown with them, if so what are they like

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

From what I have read they seem to be pretty reasonable. Not sure of the type or age of plane leaving from Edinburgh though. Could be older with newer ones going from London but at least you are direct and the flying time is shorter.

We'll be booking with Delta when the time comes.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

We recently flew Delta from France to JFK. The flights were just fine with an efficient staff and a comfortable plane--one of the big Boeings. You just never know about the airlines these days, though. Sometimes you get crews that need a refresher course at charm school. I hope you have good flights.

scotland
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

On the Delta website I had a look at the plane and it is a boeing 757-200 but I thought it might have been wide bodied but it is not, anyway I cant really complain as the return flight was £385

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

They are no better or worse than the rest which these days is not saying much.

Dundee,Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

I thought I had booked with Air France,but on looking closer saw that Delta were the carriers. There is not a lot of information about their transatlantic flights and I checked this site and was disappointed to see that the original poster ,who asked the question,didn't tell us about their experience.

My daughter decided to come with us and I obtained a ticket for her and was concerend to read that no meal was included.

Thats the bad bit over.They may not be as generous as KLM in giving in flight hospitality,but they were attentive and the flight was comfortable.

They excelled with in flight entertainment. Each passenger had their own screen and had a large selection of current blockbusters to choose from.

Meals were indeed provided and were fine,along with a complimentary drink. Drinks,other than water ,were about £5.

I would have no qualms about flying with them again.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

Delta and Air France share passengers. I used Delta points to Italy, this coming Sunday and they put me on Air France. Not unusual these days with the state of Air lines.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

Delta is fine. Nothing special, but fine. generic. One of the largest airlines in the world, maybe largest US airline.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

I flew last year from LHR to JFK with Delta, with an Air France flight, basically flight ok, only downer was no seat back tv thingy.

The previous year I went with Virgin and going back in 12 days with American Airlines, both of these have seatback tv's, thats not why I chose them, it was a price thing.

Delta have their own terminal at JFK, can be a bit manic coming home.

But overall they were ok

hope this helps

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

I've flown Delta twice to NYC, once from Gatwick last year, and once from Manchester back in March this year.

the flight from MAN was on a 757, seat back tv's (which in my case never get turned on, but i realise that for some people you can't live without them), and the flight reasonable.

Suprisingly, it took all of around 20 minutes to get through immigration, collect luggage, and out of the terminal at JFK once we landed, so that was great, and also the year before, it didn't take much longer than half an hour.

I'd love to fly Delta again, but for my upcoming trip in September, flights are £395, which is just ridiculously expensive, especially when from EDI they are selling the same dates at £288..

might drive up to EDI to get a flight... dunno yet...

M

10. Re: Flying with Delta airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 am, November 06, 2009