We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggy Rides

Lexington
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Buggy Rides

How easy is it find buggy rides in Central Park??? Cost?? Do they typically have Hot Chocolate (Swiss Miss of course). How bad is the smell?? How long is the typical ride??

Thanks a bunch

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
114,264 Reviews
New York City, NY
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buggy Rides

Buggy rides at the front of the park are easy to attain. You can buy hot chocolate in the park, but if Swiss Miss is required you might want to bring your own. I'm not sure what you mean about the smell. I've been through the park multiple times and have not noticed negative smells. The rides are 30 to 45 minutes. The one through, rather than around, the park is the best value. If I remember correctly that's around $80 including driver tip. And trust me, these drivers earn their tips!

New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buggy Rides

How and where do you catch the carriage rides going through the park? We were only able to find the available ones going around the park. It was 34$ for approx a 20 minute ride. Although inexpensive, we wouldv'e liked to ride longer but couldn't get a carriage to take us through. Any advice??

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buggy Rides

The only time I noticed a bad smell from horse manure was when we were walking past Central Park and all the buggies were lined up next to each other. We caught a ride just across from the Plaza Hotel, near 5th Ave. and (someone help me here) 58th or 59th. There were dozens of buggies, so you won't have any trouble finding one. In fact, if you get anywhere near them, you'll have buggy drivers calling from all directions, asking if you want a ride! The ride we took went through the park, lasted about 20 minutes, and cost about $40.

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
114,264 Reviews
New York City, NY
Lexington
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buggy Rides

Thank you very much. :)