We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate - Day Trip

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate - Day Trip

For those looking for a great day trip consider visiting Kykuit. I was there this past weekend and it was wonderful. What a place! It is only an hour north in Westchester County and well worth the trip. NY Waterways offers a day tour that looks very nice, or you can drive or take Metro North to Tarrytown. There are also many other attractions in the area.

Check www.hudsonvalley.org.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate - Day Trip

I did the waterways tour 3 years ago. Boat trip was great but the tour of the Kykuit mansion itself was 2 hours long and i found it really boring. You weren't allowed to wander the house at your own pace so you were stuck with the tour whether you liked it or not. I had 2 elderly parents with me and it was a bit too long for them.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate - Day Trip

See, I found just the opposite. I usually do not like this type of thing, but the 2 hours flew by. We had a very good tour guide and I really enjoyed it. I could see this being difficult for elderly people and those who can't walk too well. I thought the place was just beautiful.

So, as always, different strokes for different folks. Just thought I would mention it because lots of people here mention looking for interesting day trips.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate - Day Trip

I wanna do the Westpoint tour also.