We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Priceline Hotels

Southern Cali
5 posts
Save Topic
Question about Priceline Hotels

I am visiting NYC for the first time w my family in late August. First let me tell you what a great resource this board has been. I booked our hotels through Priceline and will be staying at the Waldorf Astoria for 4 nights and Westin Times Square for 2 nights. I am concerned because there will be 5 of us total (myself, wife and 3 kids) and am not sure if the hotels will give me a problem having all of us in 1 room. We are on a limited budget so i thought i would get a deal on Priceline. What do you guys think?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Priceline Hotels

Nacho, did you read the notice on Priceline that says their hotels only guarantee double occupancy (i.e. bedding for two people, which is usually just one bed.)

If so, you put your family at risk of getting a room with just one bed.

It will be iffy, you will have to ask the hotels at check-in if they will give you a room with two beds, they aren't obligated to do so. The Waldorf has special "priceline rooms" that are known to be notoriously spartan and small. They also might ask you to pay for an upgrade.

Be super nice at check in and good luck.

Southern Cali
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Priceline Hotels

Thanks for the info. I have previously booked Hotels on Priceline and did not have a problem. I will try to call a couple of weeks ahead to see if i can get double beds. If not i guess since i made the mistake i will get the floor.

Southern Cali
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Priceline Hotels

Thanks for the info. I have previously booked Hotels on Priceline and did not have a problem. I will try to call a couple of weeks ahead to see if i can get double beds. If not i guess since i made the mistake i will get the floor.

Southern Cali
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Priceline Hotels