We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping in JFK Airport???

manila
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sleeping in JFK Airport???

will be arriving at jfk airport around 10pm (international flight) and i have an international connecting flight at a different terminal also at jfk around 8 am. i was told that jfk is a 24/7 airport but what is there to do if i can't sleep anymore, if i do feel sleepy is it safe and is there any comfortable place there where i can sleep?are the shops open? it reminds me of the tom hanks movie "terminal"

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping in JFK Airport???

To my knowledge there is no place to sleep, it would not be allowed and there are no shops open 24/7. You need to get a hotel room at the airport. Your other option is to store your luggage (there's luggage storage in 2 places) and go into Manhattan where you will find some restaurants open 24/7 and you can certainly walk around.

Here's a list of what's at each terminal (don't know how up to date/accurate it is) and there's also a link for a map and a list of hotels nearby

panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/…ken_retail.html

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping in JFK Airport???

There seems to be a website for everything nowadays, including one where people can post reviews about sleeping at airports. Here's the link for JFK.

www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/newyorkjfk.htm

Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping in JFK Airport???

We recently spent the night at JFK due to a missed flight. The best advice I can give is to head to terminal 4. Go past the check in desks and down the stairs into the shopping area (still outside of security). There are a good number of padded benches that offer plenty of sleeping space.

We were there from around 1 am to 6 am and slept undisturbed until the morning workers came in and started setting up shop.

4. Re: Sleeping in JFK Airport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 09, 2009