We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

we are looking for a place for a good early dinner before a show with our 10 yr old this saturday night. something fun and/or interesting would be good---any ideas?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

What type of food do you like? If I recall, you said you were going to see Blue Man Group, so you are nearer the East Village....am I correct?

Let me know.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

nyc girl--

right--near the east village--we like all kinds of food--looking for something maybe a little fun or different--saw a place called gyu-kaku--japanese BBQ--also saw euzkadi--don't really know what is near, or good, or fun....

ideas? thanks!!

jayne

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

Have not been to these two, but they sure look great. If you want authentic NY kosher deli, you are close to 2nd Avenue Deli, excellent pastrami,corned beef, hot dogs, etc. It is an interesting place to eat. Any of these choices would be good.

Check menu & prices on www.menupages.com

There are other good places to eat, not all that interesting, but different..Fruitti di Mare (Italian) Little Poland , Angelicas Kitchen (vegetarian), Veselka & Yaffa Cafe. Again, check these out on the above site.

Make sure you walk along St Marks Place (very close to the theatre). I am sure your 10 year old will like it, it is a very funky neighborhood.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

thanks--we fly to ny tomorrow, visiting family on LI--the deli sounds good---we ahve been living in florida for 15 yrs, and we don't have any real delis here in sarasota.....

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

Then by all means, go, you will enjoy it,it is one of a few real kosher deli's left in NYC.

Have a great trip!!!

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

Jekyll&Hyde

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lower east side restaurant with 10 yr old

If you like Italian, you might want to try John's on 12th St. & 2nd Ave. It's been there forever, portions are huge & very reasonably priced for the city. Enjoy!