We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

P.E.I.
12 posts
Save Topic
Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

Hi fellow New York visitors,

I'm currently booked with The Belvedere (46th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenue) for the Xmas holidays.

A travel agent is offering me accomodations at The Edison (228W, 47th Street and Broadway) for a comparable price.

Any thoughts on one hotel over the other would be appreciated!

Thanks!

AnnewithanE

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

Go with the Belvedere, I believe it gets better reviews. A friend of mine has stayed many times at the Edison and always likes it, yet I'd go with the better-reviewed Belvedere.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

I agree with Bettina - besides the fact that she's the expert - my mother stayed at the Edison and it was the only time she had a hotel in New York that she didn't like.

I don't know first-hand about the Belvedere - but as Bettina says it seems to get good reviews so why would you switch?

P.E.I.
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

Thanks so much both Bettina NY and LuvNYC. I really appreciate your opinions. I'll stick with The Belvedere and will be sure to provide a review after our stay! Have a great day!

AnnewithanE

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison between Edison and Belvedere

You won't be disappointed - by the way - my confirmation name is Anne with an E! Can you tell what my favourite book was when I was twelve - LOL.