We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Center for Photography - confused......

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
International Center for Photography - confused......

Hi,

As suggested by Dasiegee I purchased 50 adventures on foot for NY. I've been looking through them today and came across the International Center for Photography at 1133 6th Ave but then I've come across another which says it's on 5th Avenue where it meets E 96th Street......is it just that it has two locations - which one to I want to go to?

Thanks

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

Have you tried their website? I've just checked it and there's only one location listed....the 6th Ave one. There are two different addresses for the gallery and the school but they're both on 6th Ave. Strange that the cards say another place.

(http://www.icp.org/contact/index.html)

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

Thanks for that Daisiegee - would you believe I'm sat planning my trip and it's still 14 weeks away! Just got the cards through yesterday tho so got excited - plus works a bit slow today :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,033 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

It used to be on 96th & Fifth but has since moved to 6th ave.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

Ah that explains the confusion - thanks :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

I went there in January of this year and thought it was great. I highly recommend it.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

My husband to be is a photographer so I'm going to surprise him by taking him there, am also going to take him to MOMA - neither of which he'll think of going to as he knows I don't like art all that much (well I'm more of a seen it move on to the next one kinda gal!)

New York City
Level Contributor
774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

ljg--even if you don't like art much I think there's still plenty to enjoy at MOMA. If you like design they have a good collection of furniture & other design objects. Also, the building itself is very cool.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

It's not so much that I dont like it just he spends hours looking at one picture.......but it's good to know that there's lots to do - to be honest he's so good to me, trapsing round and round shops quite happily that the least I can do it enjoy a few hours at MOMA and I'm actually quite into photography myself so will enjoy that too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

That's understandable. You could also hang out at the ICF's cafe while your husband is looking at the photos. It is small but is pretty good and you can catch up on reading. Also, the IFC has a bunch of shops closeby (including Grand Central), so you can always run out and meet up with him after he's finished.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: International Center for Photography - confused......

oooh now that means Juniors is not too far away.....I could happily sneak off there for hours!!! I do like the idea of once I've finished looking sloping off to the cafe and chilling for a bit til he's finished. Thanks for the suggestion :)