We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

titusville pa
Level Contributor
123 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

We plan to buy our 7 day Subway pass from newstand at the airport and use the bus and subway to hotel in midtown. Has any one done this? Is it doable? or should we splurge for Taxi?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

I believe teh Q33 bus goes from LaGuardia to the 74th ST/Roosevelt Avenue Subway station. You can get the R, F, V, or E there......Which one depends on your hotel.

AS to SHOULD you do it... Depends on the time of day

Ontario
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

I've done both routes. I found the bus/subway route a bit long and frustrating. It was morning rush hour and our luggage was an obstacle on the crowded bus (we even sat at the far rear of the bus). We took a cab back to the airport and it was quick and pain free. Approx $30. I've also done a shuttle which required a shuttle transfer at Grand Central. I'll take the cab from now on.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

The cab is hardly a splurge. LGA is the closest airport to the city. The cab is usually $30 tops. If you were travelling alone with no or very little luggage, ok. But otherwise, do yourself a favor and get a taxi.

titusville pa
Level Contributor
123 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Bus and Subway from Laguardia?

Thanks for your advice. Taxi it is! We leave Tuesday, Arrive about 1:30 pm. I can't believe its finally Time!