We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenement Museum

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Tenement Museum

This has my curiosity up. Any one ever been there? Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenement Museum

I was there in March. The guide was so so. He only knew his narrow speech. When we asked related questions, he did not know the answers.

I thought it was quite superficial. This would not be high on my list of things to do.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenement Museum

I'd put it high on any list! I went a couple of years ago, and again last week. The guide wasn't 'fabulous,' but knew his stuff well enough. The only disappointment was that they've split the tour into two, so your ticket gets you in to see only two apartments. Personally, I think it's pretty cheap of them to have done this. Still, it's such an excellent museum and will give you a glimpse into how people lived for many years in such housing. My grandparents did!

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenement Museum

I visited the Tenement Museum in the Fall and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did the tour that took us through three different rooms showing us various times in history and the stories of actual people who lived there. It wasn't very expense and I found it a very interesting way to spend an hour and learn more about the history of the lower east side. Planning a trip to New York in July with my family and the tenement museum will definitely be on our itinerary.

manchester england
Level Contributor
686 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenement Museum

I went in March and the guide was fab just remember

they are times visits you cannot just turn uup

they have a few type of visits and the only problem was that the shop people did not help with this

if yu are interested in this type of thing go really good