We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok, here are my plans so far. Tell me what you think

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ok, here are my plans so far. Tell me what you think

There is a lot still left to plan however, but here is a start.

Arrive Saturday June 25th - 12:00 noon.

I *think* we'll stay all three nights at the Park South Hotel. 122 E. 28th St.

I got the City Pass for the ESB, MoMA, American Natural History and Circle Line. Will do these mostly on Sunday and Monday I think.

Would like to see Shakespeare in the Park on Saturday or Sunday. Any experience with this???

Sunday - Try to get a Lottery Rush for Rent??? Or cheap tickets in Times Square???

Monday

Lunch at Ono (Restaurant Week pricing)

Dinner at Arabelle (Ditto)

I know there is still alot to plan, but I've got a start at least!

Thanks everyone for any input.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok, here are my plans so far. Tell me what you think

Make your reservations for the restaurants, they get booked during restaurant week very quickly.

Rent - print out discounts from www.theatermania.com or www.playbill.com.

You can use these & purchase directly at the box office instead of waiting online, almost the same price. You can then pick you seats & pay with a credit card if necessary. The TKTS booth is cash only and you cannot pick your seats. Of course, if you get lottery seats, that is the least expensive.

Both of the above are free to join, also check www.broadwaybox.com.

Check www.publictheater.org for info on Shakepeare in the Park tickets.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok, here are my plans so far. Tell me what you think

It looks like Saturday the 25th is opening night for Shakespeare in the Park. Weekends are tough cause us working NYers tend to go at that time. I went years ago, arrived at CP around 10:30am with a coffee and a paper and waited on line till the ticket were distributed. It might be a waste of your precious time in the city, but it's a nice way to see Central Park. On Saturdays the TKTS booth in the South Street Seaport sells tickets for Sunday matinee as well as both Sat eve. performances. The booth opens at 11am.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok, here are my plans so far. Tell me what you think

I do have reservations for the restaurants (otherwise I would have picked 21 club or Gramercy Tavern - but both are booked!)

Ok thanks for info about Shakespeare. We don't get in until noonish, so we'll see what is still available for Sunday. Shakespeare is free but I've always wanted to see Rent!