If 2006 was "The Year Of Avoiding WOOGO", then 2007 was "The Year of the Scam Vacation Apartment Rental!"
We still want to warn visitors that Woogo, Xglob and YourStay are scam websites.
But, please read these stories about the growing number of vacation apartment rental scams.
These posts explain:
* how scammers fool ignorant tourists
* why renting an apartment out to tourists may be illegal
* why it may violate leases and condo/co-op rules
* why it can hurt local tenants, and housing stock in general
* why it may also affect the legit hotel industry
Worth reading. Caveat emptor!
(I will ask that this be added to the FAQ)