We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

23eHeure
5 posts
Save Topic
Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

Hi all,

Last minute attempt at getting advice on breakfast after an early morning trip up to the top of The Rock.

Next Monday morning, I'll be taking my girlfriend up there at 8am.

And thenwant to treat her to a really special breakfast.

We have an appointment at 5th at 57th Street at 11am, and want somewhere along the away - maybe with a view and good service...

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,062 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

The only upscale breakfast place I can think of in that general area besides a hotel is Michael's on 55th st. between Fifth & 6th. This is a classic power breakfast place where a lot of celebs and media moguls meet (but it doesn't feel like a business place imo). You'd definitely have to make a reservation and I'd give them lots of information. ;)

If you don't mind a hotel breakfast, some options that would be on the way are the Astor Court in the St. Regis Hotel. The entrance to the hotel is on 55 st. just east of Fifth ave. and right on your way between the 2 locations.

http://tinyurl.com/yvee85

or in the Peninsula hotel (on the same block as Michael's but closer to Fifth ave.) I haven't had breakfast there, but it looks like their rest. Fives has a bit of a view over Fifth ave. (not very high though)

newyork.peninsula.com/pny/dining_01.html

Asiate in the Mandarin Oriental hotel at Columbus Circle is a bit out of the way for you, but definitely has view (35 floor) and is very special.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

Whiz, your avatar is PERFECT! Definitely "you."

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

5th and 57th? Tiffany's? hmmm ... ;-)

The Astor Court at the St Regis, 2 East 55th St., has the atmosphere yand service you want. Reserve a table and tell them why you will be breakfasting there.

Norma's, in the Parker Meridien on 57th Street between 6th and 7th, is famous for breakfast. The atmosphere isn't cozy, but the breakfast selections are extensive and the location is good for your purposes.

Ireland
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

I'd definitely recommend Norma's in Le Parker Meridien. It's The Edge's favourite breakfast venue, apparently, and, although it's expensive, it does feel quite special. The menu is available online at the hotel's website as far as I can recall.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

I can't help with the breakfast suggestions, but Good Luck!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,062 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

"It's The Edge's favourite breakfast venue"

Who or what is the Edge? Norma's is just like an upscale coffee shop, NOT imo very romantic at all.

www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…

23eHeure
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

Thanks everyone for your swift and helpful replies.

I didn't want to give all the details (am a bit superstitious), but it looks like that address gave the game away ;-)

I've phoned and booked Astor Court - the website certainly looks like it's a grand setting for a breakfast.

I just hope it's a bright and clear Monday morning at the top of the Rock...

Thanks again.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

It looks like I'm too late; I was going to suggest breakfast at Town, the restaurant in the Chambers Hotel on 56th just west of 5th Avenue. Very nice place, but no view. However, I'm guessing by that time you'll just be gazing into each other's eyes...

Good luck at Top of the Rock!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,062 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

Town is another nice idea. More modern.

http://townrestaurant.com/town.html

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,062 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury breakfast after Top Of The Rock

A few more thoughts.....the Plaza hotel is due to re-open Dec. 3 and will certainly be serving breakfast.

The Pierre and the Sherry Netherland are other upscale hotels that would be close.