We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serendipity...lunch or dinner??

Southern California
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Serendipity...lunch or dinner??

I'll be in NYC with my 16 y.o. and was told that this is a must. I'm wanting to make a reservation, but wonder what is best...lunch or dinner? Any day better than another??Any input?!! ;-)

New York City NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Serendipity...lunch or dinner??

Serendipity is more known for its desserts than its lunch. I have heard the only way you can get a reservation is for food though so it might be worth eating there just to skip the line. The food isn't super memorable but the dessert is. My feeling is that i prefer to eat dessert at night when I can go into an "I'm full coma" and rest at the hotel. Whatever works best into your schedule. If you are planning to see Bloomingdales arrange to do it around lunch or dinner and eat at Serendipity as it is only a couple blocks away. The frozen hot chocolate is their signature but their hot fudge (chocolate and the various flavors) sundaes are divine as well. Definitely a great stop. Beware though, it is VERY small and very crowded. The last time I was there my waiter was wretched and rude. Never stopped to check up on us. A place you go for the food not the service or atmosphere. Not to miss for dessert. Also your 16 year old may remember it for its fame in the movie "Serendipity" where they ate in the beginning of the movie. Have fun it is a great place to savor good chocolate and you can take a packet of the mix for frozen hot chocolate home!