We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting the most from this board

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Getting the most from this board

This is primarly directed to new posters. You will get the most help from this board if you spend some time doing a little research in advance to posting questions.

When someone asks where to stay, what to do, and where to eat, without giving parameters of any kind, it's impossible to give really meaningful answers.

New York is too big, there is a lot to do...and everyone has a diifferent opinion about what may or may not be "must see, do, or eat."

It is a privilege and honor to share information about New York with you.

You can help by giving folks on here a little insight about you-- When you are coming, length of stay, budget, and personal tastes and preferences.

Enjoy your visit to NYC!

Flushing, NY
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting the most from this board

PDX, if your folder is getting that large I suggest you might either be taking too many notes or should start considering moving here permanently, though I'd imagine it's hard to leave where you are. Thanks for letting me know about Il Palazzo. This is my busiest season (workwise) so I've been away from the Forum and missed your post. I assume you enjoyed it.

By the way. Just my luck that I did scads of research to find out what the weather was going to be on February 19th this past year only to find out that nobody was coming to NY on that date.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting the most from this board

Did you mean Feb 29th Ruff? ;)

What's got you so busy?

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting the most from this board

Sorry Ruffian,

Must have forgotten to thank you for the info about the weather on 19th Feb, you were spot on! It was very very cold, (minus 7 in English money) but we were still sorry to leave later that day!

Now about next February, will the rats still take shelter in the subways?

Pat

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting the most from this board

Actually, this should be a "sticky" in every forum---well, of course, replace "New York City" or "NYC" with the name of the other forums! It's good advice for posting in any forum!

Flushing, NY
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting the most from this board

Busy with work, Whiz. Clients, as usual, need everything yesterday, then they'll sit on it forever. Never thought of this as a seasonal business but it has turned into exactly that.

Pat, the rats will definitely have to sleep in the subways next February. The animal rights folks had a plan for rat homeless shelters but there wasn't enough money in the state budget for it. New York State is too busy providing Viagara to perverts and s*x offenders to spend money on the poor ol' rats.

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting the most from this board

This is a terrific thread. It's the most sensible one that I have stumbled across.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Getting the most from this board

Bump