We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas in NYC

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
xmas in NYC

Hi,

Myself and 4 friends will be in N.Y for xmas and would like some recommendations on a great place to have xmas lunch or dinner (what is the main xmas meal in N.Y?)

We want somewhere with wonderful food and great atmosphere and either a view or pretty setting. we are staying in midtown but can travel.

Price is not really a factor.

I have heard the restaurant in central park does not have fantastic food? Maybe a nice hotel?

Please help

Many Thanks

Cheb

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,036 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas in NYC

Have you checked the FAQ's at the beginning of the Forum posts?

Scroll down to the REASTAURANT section for answers to your query on holiday meals and meals with a view.

You must do some basic research - not knowing your likes/dislikes it is difficult to suggest a particular venue.

As for the main Christmas meal in NYC - I'm not sure there is an 'official' meal as such.

With such an diversely ethnic population the choices could run the gastronomic gamut.

As for the restaurant in Central Park - to which one do you refer?

"Maybe a nice hotel?"

I've heard good things about the Marriott - however some are now saying the Hilton is a good choice.

Poppa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas in NYC

I would bet the restaurant in Central Park that doesnt have fantastic food is Tavern on the Green... Supposedly there's a new chef, but I wouldnt risk it... Not sure they'd be open for Christmas, but if they are, the newest/least senior chef in the kitchen will be the one working, so it will could be more mediocre than usual.

It used to be only Chinese was open, but there is a lot more now. The FAQs are a good place to start.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas in NYC

Thanks for your reply, I will check out the FAQ's

Think I'll give the central park rest aurant a miss and just go for coffee one day ;-)

Thanks for your time!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas in NYC

Drinks are nice at night when all the twinking lights are on... I'm sure they'll have over the top Christmas decorations there...

5. Re: xmas in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 11, 2009