We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

UK
14 posts
Save Topic
Taxis

5 of us are travelling to NYC and will need transport from JFK to Novotel. Can anyone suggest how to go about organising a taxi and which is best to go for??

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,251 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

Always Yellow Taxis!!!

I think you would be able to get all 5 of you into one of the people carrier taxis, but it might be a tight squeeze with all your luggage, it may be better for you to take 2 cabs.

UK
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

Thank you CMAXX - I think we will probably need 2 taxis - my daughters do not know how to travel light! I did wonder about a limo but guess it will be pretty costly.

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

NO..you cannot get 5 people in a taxi. You will need to call and get a minivan to shuttle you to and from the airport. We used Carmel, another is Tel Aviv

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,090 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

Someone recently reported here that Crown Limo

1800mycrown.com

sent a stretch limo which accomodated 5 and luggage and cost less than a van from Tel Aviv or Carmel. Fancier too. I think they said it was $55 plus toll ($4.50) and tip vs $65 from Tel Aviv for a mini van.

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

I'd go for that, Keamma! Sounds like a deal! Our mini-van was nothing special... wish we had done that.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis

A limo service as suggested is your best bet as you can get a mini van big enough for all five people. It is not as expensive as you would think, unless you order a stretch limo. One popular company is www.carmelcarservice.com

UK
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis

Thank you all for your help - like the idea of a limo. Perhaps a stretch limo wouldn't be a bad idea though - to accommodate daughters luggage!!!!!!! Only joking (I think). Actually we are only going for 4 days....

Texas
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis

I used Carmel car service and it was okay. The drivers were friendly and if you go to the web site www.carmel.com( I think, google it if not) you can get a coupon. The ride with them was cheaper then a taxi.

Cate