We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Hotel- What's in Kitchenette??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Jolly Hotel- What's in Kitchenette??

We are looking at the Jolly Hotel Madison for my husband, teen son and I for late July.Going through a Cdn travel agency, Holiday House, it says the rooms have kitchenette and fridge. But I've never seen mention of this in any of the reviews. Is this new, or misinformation??? My son eats his weight in food, so we like to have a frig and microwave so we can buy drinks and snacks at a market instaed of always paying restaurant prices.

Also, would like a pool, but the Sheraton sounds run-down. Is there a good public/private pool in midtown where my hubby and son could go a few times for a swim? Thanks for your help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,497 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jolly Hotel- What's in Kitchenette??

Have a look at the Kimberly hotel. It's an all suite hotel with access to an indoor swimming pool. Swimming pools are not that plentiful in NYC. There is a "public" pool at the ymca on Lexington & about 53 st. but I think you have to "join." Not sure what the fee is.

The Millenium UN Plaza hotel has a lovely rooftop pool and is sometimes affordable but not an all suite hotel.

I can't answer about the Jolly Madison but a kitchenette usually includes a sink, maybe hot plate, maybe a microwave and a fridge. The Affinia 50 (very near the Kimberly) has very large one bedroom suites with kitchens.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor