We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SUCH a cheeky question !

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SUCH a cheeky question !

I really apologize for this but it's been a few days & no answer & i'd like to start booking hotels. Does anyone know anything about driving from Boulogne to Italy. You guys are all so knowledgeable & quick to answer, i thought it worth a shot. If you think you can help, the question is on the Italy forum, in the Marche 'department'. Sorry.

mississippi
Level Contributor
371 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

Do you want directions? Mapquest.com has driving directions for Italy.

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

I've looked at that thanks, i'm kind of after feedback from someone who has done it, best places to stop off overnight that sort of thing.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

I can't help at all but I'd be tickled if you got a response from New York quicker than from Italy.

It does sound like a nice trip. I picture it on a sunny day in a convertible.

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

I hope it will be nice, i hate to ruin the image but try an estate car with two fighting kids in the back, penance for the NY trip!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

I can vouch for the NY forum in this case!

I posted a few different questions on in particular the Rome fourm, the oldest a few weeks ago..... I'm still waiting for a reply!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,463 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

I don't know the answer Deb but can tell you where to find it. Go to the message board for Europe on fodors.com

fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2

You'll need to register (for free) as you do here. Here's the way I'd ask the question for best results.

Heading

Suggestions for best driving routes between Boulogne sur Mer to (insert name of town where you're staying in Italy)

We are driving from England to Italy in August for a week in an agriturismo. We have 2 nights to get there from Boulogne sur Mer. My husband would like to go through Germany (wants to drive on an autobahn) and 5 nights to come back through France.

Would appreciate any advice on best route in both directions and suggestions on good places to stay (name your budget).

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !

Not too bad, as far as penance goes.

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SUCH a cheeky question !