We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

DM
washington DC
Level Contributor
708 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

Hi Bettina and Everyone,

Bettina, I noticed that you have recommended Giorgio's of Gramercy quite a bit. Would you please be so kind to briefly discuss the ambience and quality of the restaurant?

My Wife and I are looking for an American and/or Seafood place that is reasonable in $$ and is classy and romantic. The prices at GoG look fine for us.

Thank you so much. Also, if anyone else has been there, please comment.

We have already made reservations at Blue Water Grill, Po and Frutti di Mare. We are thinking of scratching Frutti for Giorgio's. What does everyone think??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

Good idea IMO. Another option if you want seafood is The Place in the west village

www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

It's a very low keyed neighborhood place. Not haute cuisine, just decent food at a modest price. It's not a special occasion destination by any means, just a good place to fall into. I like that the seating is comfy and the tables aren't all on top of each other. They also use a lot of fabric, with banquettes and draperies, so it keeps the noise level down a bit.

My favorite on your list is Po... the teeniest of restaurants with the most divine food.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

Where is Po and is it listed on the restaurant menu pages website? Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

Po doesn't seem to be on menupages. It's in the village at 31 Cornelia St. b/w Bleecker & West 4th.

Another Italian known for romance is Il Buco but pricier. Erminia on the upper east side is another, also a bit pricier.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bettina: Giorgio's of Gramercy

I was wrong Evoni. Here's the Po listing on menupages.

www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…

Don't know why I couldn't find it before.