We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an inexpensive but not seedy hotel

Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for an inexpensive but not seedy hotel

My husband and I are planning a trip to NY May 29, 30, 31 and are looking for inexpensive accommodations. We had been hoping to stay at the Belvedere Hotel as we did last March but cannot afford $190.00 a night! We are looking at a price range of about $129.00 to $140.00 maximum. Looking for midtown area. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks!

Harwich
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for an inexpensive but not seedy hotel

We stayed at the Metro hotel 45 West 35th Street in April 2005. Their rates start in the range of $195 - I know this is more than you want to pay, but I would highly recommend the hotel. the location is superb midtown near to the Empire state building & Macy's. As you are only going for a few days, I personally would try to spend a little more if you can, as in NY the location can really make a difference.

Have a good holiday.

nyc
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for an inexpensive but not seedy hotel

if you want to stay in clean cheap hotels near the action.

chelsea savoy - in chelsea

or maybe

cosmopolotian in tribeca.

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for an inexpensive but not seedy hotel

A large room at the Larchmont in Greenwich Village/Chelsea costs around 125 plus tax. I just got back from a weeklong stay, and I found it to be charming, clean, quiet, and well located for dining, shopping, and nightlife. Plus, while there were only shared bathrooms, we never had to wait.