We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount perfume stores

massillon, oh
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Discount perfume stores

I'm going to admit this is one of the main reasons why I am going to NYC this summer! :) :)

Question....

Are the perfumes that are sold everywhere at ridicuously low prices the "real thing" or an imitation with a real label?

Certain Ralph Lauren scents go for $50 - 60 here in Ohio. But in the city they are $20 -25.

I plan on blowing a paycheck or two to smell pretty for the next year. Am I really buying designer fragrances or a really good copy?

nyc
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Discount perfume stores

walk from 34th street south on 7th avenue. Theres a millions of cheap name brand perfume shops.

mississippi
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Discount perfume stores

Is there anywhere that sells knockoffs for fragrances no longer being produced? My husband grins all over when I wear Tuvache's Jungle Gardenia. The Coty brand does not compare.

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Discount perfume stores

I bought quite a bit of perfume really cheap in Canal Street....just one word of warning though. They will try to sell you "testers", perfume that isn't boxed which they say is meant for the department stores to be used as testers. They look like the real thing but when you smell them you can tell that they aren't. I always made sure that I bought my perfume in the original boxes and cellophane wrapped. I have had no problem with these perfumes. I was able to buy Jean Paul Gaultier "classique" which sells here in australia for $180 for $30 and Vanderbilt for $10 which is $110 here. Great buying but you must bargain them down and I found I got it a lot cheaper when I bought a few bottles at one store.

Good luck but be careful.