We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

OK i'm off food for a while. Next morning awake at 3am so text my wonderful ( babysitting ) mother and children ( also wonderful ) back in UK to give them an update on our adventures.Then make rough plan for day, never made proper itinerary, just list of things we'd like to see. Made a good study of subway system and decided must give it a try.

6am had noisy bath to try and persuade sleeping beauty to wake up ( surely he can sleep in UK seems a waste to do it here ! ). Went out about 7.30 past Dakota building and into Central Park ( by the way i love UWS-thanks again Bettina ). Weather stunning, sunny and clear, indescribably lovely ( need to look in thesaurus, run out of superlatives ) Saw imagine mosaic, no one else there so that was cool. Got fab photo of lake with buildings reflected in it and then onto Belvedere Castle for another perfect view. Must go to bed now, 2.33......

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

I've just worked out you just keep going to get more room to write in. Doh ! I blame it on the jet lag.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

OK...you've got the Merit Badge. Next stop prefect!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

Thank Daisiegee too.... we're both UWS fans. By the way, did you say you walked through the park to get to EJ's? You know there's one on the UWS too, on Amsterdam at 81st-82nd?

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

Thankyou Daisiegee for the UWS and the merit badge,it's my first! I meant that that we entered on the west side walked a bit along and came out the same side, we went to the one on Amsterdam, didn't know there were any more.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

It's a great area to wander in isn't it Deb?

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

Fantastic, i'm working on BH for a return trip. My latest angle is to fly into NY and drive to North Carolina to visit his friends there, it's a long shot but it might just work

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Part 5 of Rather Long Trip Report

Happy you liked UWS--my neighborhood. Ken

west sussex
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply