We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apt168

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
apt168

Hi everybody!!

I am looking for an apartment to rent for this summer. I found a very nice (and quite cheap) apartment from apt168 website..Does anyone know them? The worst thing is that they asked me a full payment by credit card in advance!!!...Should I trust them?

Thanks a lot!!

Rossella

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apt168

Hi!

I am not familar with this company . I did find this online.I would contact the information below.

I think it is good that they did not ask you to wire funds.I would not give full payment only half. If it were me.

APT168, INC

15 East 40th Street 1006

New York, NY 10016

View Location Map

Original Business Start Date: 3/1/2004

Principal: Yuki Lim, President

Phone Number: (212) 229-9188

Fax Number: (212) 929-1788

Email Address: info@apt168.com

Type of Business: Real Estate, Real Estate Services

Membership Status:

This business is in an industry that requires competency licensing, registration, or bonding. The Bureau encourages you to check with the New York State Department of State to be certain that the business meets these requirements. The New York State Department of State can be reached by calling 1-518-474-4429, or you can perform an online search of licensees and registrants at www.dos.state.ny.us

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,922 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apt168

I don't know them but it looks legitimate but those prices look very EXPENSIVE to me. Which particular apt. are you talking about? What's your budget?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apt168

Thank you very much to you both, tmoo6 and nywhiz! Your information are very useful!

The apartment is apt168 #23: I think it has a good ratio quality/price, at least compared to other rented apartments found in the web. It will cost less than 1500 $ for the all week. I think the location is very good: 7th avenue & 16th street...But I am not a New York expert...Is there something I should know about this address? Do you think it is a not so good occasion? Could you suggest me something better?

Thank you a lot!!

Mentioned in this post
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apt168

Rossella:

I think the apt is Ok . I just personally do not have a good feeling about it. I think I would maybe consider looking into a bed and breakfast apt style place.

If I was coming to italy I would want you to be honest with me. I think you should look at bedandbreakfast.com and have a look at :

The Gracie inn Jack and judy's is an apt style bedandbreakfast and 1871 house. I think you should give them a try first.

when are you coming to New York? We can help you!

Mentioned in this post
The Gracie Inn
The Gracie Inn
185 Reviews
New York City, NY
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apt168

jack and judy's can be found on trip advisor.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apt168

Murry hill suites is another to consider that is reasonable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,922 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apt168

I hadn't seen the short term rentals and was looking at the monthly rentals. When you siad you were looking for an apt. for "this summer" I assumed it was for longer than a week. I would be concerned and agree finding an apartment/hotel is a better and safer idea for just a week. You could try contacting the London agency www.apartments2book.com and see what they have.

Mentioned in this post
The London NYC
The London NYC
3,851 Reviews
New York City, NY
england
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: apt168

hi

i've booked one week from 8th October and i would be interested in our comments

9. Re: apt168

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, August 22, 2007
10. Re: apt168

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:48 pm, September 18, 2007