We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Anybody ever been to it and if so is it worth it?

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
260 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Check out the previous posts on this topic - seems like it puts most into the Christmas Spirit with a few dissenters...

I'm going this year for first time... Bought tickets using discount through nycvisit.com (giftget) and there is broadwaybox.com that has other discounts (but none worked on the day that I wanted to go see the show).

berkshire,england
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

i went last year on xmas day and it was fantastic, well worth the visit and you can get discount tickets from ticketmaster.com.It dosent matter where you sit as the view is great from wherever you sit.the dancing is great and it put me in the christmas spirit!

Falling Waters, WV
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

I've seen it several times and it is just what is called..."Spectacular"! I wouldn't go to NY over the holidays without seeing it. I will be seeing it this year over the Thanksgiving weekend. It is beautiful, entertaining, and will help bring back some memories. Go for it!

new york ny
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Well I have to disagree with all of the above. I saw it only once last weekend (don't ask what ever possessed us to do this). They have more security than at airports, someone with me was actually stripped searched down to his T-SHIRT. NOT FESTIVE!!!! The show is geared to 4-8 year olds, the crying screaming kids out numbered adults 3-1. I could hardly see with a 6 foot adult in front of me holding a kid. I don't know how little kids can see the stage at all. I am very much into design, and everything on all the stage sets looked very outdated, dingy, and faded. They could have done SOME updating since the 50's. The only part worthwhile was the heavy religous tone at the end and the dancers get credit for doing what they do well. All considered I think most TV movies, Charlie Brown, the Snowman, White Christmas and all the other Christmas theme movies would have been a better choice.

LPW
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

CJW i'm disappointed - i'm sure your experience was not the norm. our whole row was adults, go to the 9pm show and there'll be less crying children, can't believe u didn't mention how good the rockettes were and the nativity ending was a real anti-climax, far better if they had started with that and ended with a big glitzy number. the toy soldier scene was spectacular and if u love christmas, you'll love the show. bits of it were a bit over the top but, guess what, this is america, whaddya expect??

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Well worth it, at least once in a lifetime

Falling Waters, WV
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

To CW276.......BA HUM BUG! What a Scrooge! This will be my third time seeing the show and I plan on seeing it again next year! It is beautiful, festive, and traditional. You are the only person I have heard say anything remotely negative about the show. Maybe there really is a Grinch.......I think it's you!

Falling Waters, WV
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

Hey CW276......how did you see the Xmas Spectacular last weekend if the first performance for this year isn't until tomorrow November 14th?

UPSTATE N.Y.
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

We were planning on going to a 9 AM Saturday morning show (12/17).....will it be mobbed with crying kids? We will be an adult only entourage (well, kids at heart for sure!) Maybe we should look into an evening?

LPW
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radio City Xmas Spectacular

TAWNY - the show was definitely on last weekend as i saw it on the 6th! i think it just opened that weekend though!