We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midtown hotel for family of 5

3 posts
Save Topic
Midtown hotel for family of 5

Is anyone aware of a hotel in the Midtown area that will allow 2 adults and 3 children in the same room? I've contacted a few major hotels and they all advise maximum of 4 per room. Our children are under 12. We would prefer to be in a suite or a large single room together rather than pay for two ajoining rooms. Is this not a realistic request for NY?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midtown hotel for family of 5

Many places are dealing with a fire code issue. There are some hotels that have one and two bedroom suites. Have you tried the Affinia.com group? All their hotels have one bedroom suites that usually have 2 large beds plus a sofa bed that sleeps one or two.

The Salisbury and the Best Western Hospitality have 2 bedroom suites. You might also try the Doubletree Suites in Times Square.

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Midtown hotel for family of 5

We just stayed in the Doubletree Suites Times square last month and we had a family of 5. I highly recommend it. When I tried to book the room on the website, it didn't allow for 5..so I just called them and booked it over the phone. You get a safe, refrig. and microwave which is great if you want to have a meal or pop in your room. You are within close walking distance to so many things, and the rooms are high enough up that you don't hear noise at night. Also...2 tv's so you can watch TV while the little ones sleep.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midtown hotel for family of 5

Would highly recommend the Doubletree suites. Heaps of space. Another cheaper option - Radio City Apartments - apparently refurbished and some have 2 bedrooms in the suite.

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midtown hotel for family of 5

We have also stayed at the doubletree suites in times sqare and had no problems.I book the grandchildren in-2 adults,4 children though one still in a crib.

If you want to book online just put in 2 adults plus 2 children and in the comments part of booking mention 1 extra child and you will have no problems.

It is a bit more expensive but cheaper than 2 rooms at another hotel and is a great location and very quiet.

London, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midtown hotel for family of 5

We stayed at The Avalon in a queen suite (max 5 people) which had 2 queen beds in the main room and a sofa bed in the adjoining lounge. Also, you don't have to pay for children under 12 from what I remember so you wouldn't have to pay the extra occupancy fee.