We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

is there much difference between the second and third rings of the Koch theater for the Nutcracker ballet please? I'm trying to select seats without overly breaking the bank.

10 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

Check this out:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/David+H.+Koch+Theater/

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
215 reviews
2. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

No, but there's not that much price difference, is there? Note that this is a HORSESHOE auditorium. Side seats are very "side." Front row vs. back row makes some difference. Lincoln Kirstein always sat in the First Ring left aisle, not the Orchestra.

Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

obsoperator - there's about a $55 difference per ticket for seats on sides on the date I'm looking at, third row, third ring. Are these bad seats? Sorry for all the questions, I've never been to a live ballet before and the David Koch theater seems really good at preventing photos being taken on the premises, cos I've looked but found no pics with the curtain up, making it hard to judge what the view would be like.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18,092 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

What are the seat numbers you're looking at?

Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

blumebwaybaby - C26 & C28 or C25 & C27 third ring.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
776 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

That's pretty far to the side - but if that's the choice, go for the even numbered seats, so that you will at least have a full view of the tree on the stage. If you can get seats closer to the center, I'd try for that, but that high up it's not as critical as lower down.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
215 reviews
7. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

C25 is not extreme side, where there is only one row of diagonal seats. Either side of row C is fine.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
215 reviews
8. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

The curtain went up so I didn't say that I'm in 4th Ring C18 tonight for $39 (subscriber Rep Season single tix price.) Because you are 140' from the stage (which is not bad for a ballet spectacle), you will only be 35 degrees off the center. Maybe like watching football from the 25 yard line.

Actual seating chart:

https:/…DHKT-FullChart.pdf

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,538 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

No, those are not bad seats. They are on the side, but the side at that theater is not like the side at, say, the Metropolitan Opera House. I consider the Koch Theatre one of the best theaters in the world for ballet, with there being practically no really bad seats. I have sat on the side in both the second and third rings and have had no complaints about either. Regardless of which section you sit in, I suggest you take binoculars or something similar for better viewing, especially portions of this story ballet where there is a lot of mime and less dancing (mostly in the first act), which I personally sometimes have trouble with unless I am sitting somewhere like the front of the orchestra.

Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center

thanks everyone.

Reply to: Advice on Nutcracker seats at Lincoln Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted