We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New approach...need info

Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
New approach...need info

I posted an itinerary a couple of weeks ago for a family trip in early June. I think I created it too hastily and want to go about planning our trip differently.

Priorities So Far:

Dad...Natural History Museum, "off the beaten path" ideas

Mom...history, Tenement Museum, Central Park

Teen...Shopping, seeing NYU, Wicked

7.5 year old...Statue of Liberty, chocolate shops, toy stores

All...GOOD FOOD for a tight budget

I'm hoping I can share a little about our priorities and preferences and you all can help us sift through the huge number of options to help us create a new and improved itinerary.

Thanks for being there! This forum is very helpful.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New approach...need info

So what would you like us to do? How many days are you staying and where is your hotel? My first question to you is if history, why not Ellis Island? Will the 4 of you stay together at all times or will there be some split up? Teen male or female. 7.5 yr old the same.

Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New approach...need info

nywhiz-

Oops! Sorry about the lack of specifics...

We're staying for 7 nights at the Affinia 50.

The kids are both girls.

Originally, I didn't put Ellis Island and SOL on the plan. I planned to see them from the Staten Island Ferry. I just don't want to "waste" precious time in lines and crowds, if possible.

We'll likely stay together and like to go at a leisurely pace. The pace thing is one reason I'd like to re-plan.

We'd like help building a plan which gives us ideas of things to see and do close to our priorities. Also, we'd like make a list of good affordable food choice nearby our activities.

Singapore
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New approach...need info

Hi javagirl,

I'm also going in June and staying at Affinia 50 for 10 nights.

9th to 18th specifically. If you go before me, do post a review on the hotel ok? and pictures if possible...hehe..

Have a good trip!

Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New approach...need info

Clutz80-

I'll definitely be posting a review. I like how the hotel has moved up in ranking during the past month. I think it was in the mid 20's about a month ago and now it's in the mid teens.

The location is good with lot's of things to do nearby.