We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review for tours for fun

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Review for tours for fun

Hi . I found this coach service called ‘tours for fun ‘for many day trips from New York at very competitive rates. Can somebody help with reviews so I can decide if I should book it or not . Thanks

Mentioned in this post
10 replies to this topic
Sweden
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review for tours for fun

Where are you planning on going? Chances are you could easily do it on your own without a tour.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Review for tours for fun

I did a little searching, and have not found very promising information about this group, if it is Tours4Fun.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763…

https:/…tours4fun.html

If you look in the "things to do" section of NYC here on Trip Advisor, you can see what some of the most popular tours are, though as maxisweden noted, you can do a lot of things on your own!

For example, I saw in the day trips section a number of day trips to Washington DC and Philadelphia. I believe you can take a train there yourself. If you want to do a tour of a specific area of the city that is different, but I would not pay for day trips to these cities, if that makes sense.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Review for tours for fun

Hi . I was thinking of staying in nyc for 4 nights ( is this ok or should I do 3 nights ). I land at jfk around 4:00 pm on 3 rd August . Then wanted to go to Niagara , Washington and finally reach Philadelphia from where I have a flight to Chicago on 13 th August .i would have luggage as would be dropping my daughter to University after this trip .

Edited: 12:57 am, June 13, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Review for tours for fun

There is another tour company called ‘ take tours ‘. Any idea ?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,970 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review for tours for fun

TakeTours and Tours4fun both operate in the same way, so run away. Do some reading.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60…

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-…

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Review for tours for fun

Hey thanks a lot !

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,367 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Review for tours for fun

I think 4 nights is just barely enough to scratch the surface: you will not run out of things to do. You could easily stay a week and still have things to do here. Don't be too eager to cram things in, unless that's your preferred travel style.

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review for tours for fun

4 nights in NYC is nothing. I would just stay put and visit the other places on another visit.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review for tours for fun

These tour companies tend to cater to Asians who want to see a lot in a short time checking off a bucket list. You spend most of your time in the bus. If this is what you want too, go for it. The people on the forum would tell you to go yourself and see fewer places. Niagara Falls is really really far, something most don't realize. The only way to go there realistically is to fly. The flights are only an hour from NYC but you'd spend all day getting there on a bus and then more than a day getting anywhere else. I'd pick Niagara Falls OR Washington. I'd probably do train or bus Tom Washington and then train to Philadelphia.

Mentioned in this post
Tom's Restaurant
Tom's Restaurant
555 Reviews
New York City, NY
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply