We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long by subway from Times Square or Grand Central...

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How long by subway from Times Square or Grand Central...

I will be going to the US Open tennis championships this year. Yesterday I received some good feedback from forum users stating that a lot of people stay in Manhattan around Times Square or Grand Central Station and take the #7 train to Flushing. How long does it take to get from these areas to Flushing by subway? Additionally, can you recommend some affordable hotels (under $200/night) close to the subway near Times Square or Grand Central Station? Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

new york city
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long by subway from Times Square or Grand Central...

Hi, the 7 train takes about 25-30mins to get to the USTOA. It's a local train, so get ready for lots of stops. There is an express train, but it runs into Manhattan in the AM, and out to Flushing during the PM commute only. I'd be surprised if you find any good deals during that week hotel-wise, esp in Times Sq. City is very busy. The Airport hotels are in close proximity to Flushing Meadows, the Marritt isn't bad. Thx Jill

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long by subway from Times Square or Grand Central...

Can't tell you about timing (a half hour at most I'd think from Grand Central which is closer). Here are some places near Grand Central that might fit your budget

The New York Helmsley

Shelburne Murray Hill (look on Affinia.com)

The Bedford

Best Western Hospitality

Murray Hill Suites

Hotel 5ACourtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue is near the Fifth Ave. stop of the #7

Near Times Square try

Hotel 41

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square South

Here's a link to the subway map. btw.

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

The tennis center is right near where Willets Pt. Shea Stadium is marked.