We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

binghamton,ny
Level Contributor
66 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
hotels

looking for a nice,clean place to stay for tops of 250.00 per nite on may 11th. nice neighborhood

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hotels

Pook, Yes that is the Hotel's full name. I initially found the hotel info and rates at Expedia. The photo's and a good % of their reviews were very good. I did actually book through the hotel website and got the winter special for $169. There are more reviews on this site including one I recently posted. Just search under their name or try my link below. I do question some of the very negative reviews as really coming from patrons.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d99288-R…

I just wanted a nice room and a good neighborhood at a fair price. I also like hotels with more modern furnishings which this had as the photos indicate. I was very happy with my choice as my review of it states. If you want to stay right in Midtown near Times Square then this may not be a good choice. Down in that area check out 'Hotel 41' their rooms might be really small but it looks pretty good. Though I don't feel that area provides a real neighborhood atmosphere like you get on the Upper West Side as 'Chissis' sp? mentioned in an earlier post. Hope that helps a little!

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hotels

Pook, One additional comment... in looking over the reviews for 'On the Ave' I was struck by one member's comments "make sure when you make reservations, you ask for a renovated room. Some floors have been done, and others haven't." Sounds to be very good advice, my room surely seemed to have been renovated. That also may explain the extreme variance in reviews.