We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Times Square spray painted

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Times Square spray painted

I have seen several videos on YouTube of people using cans of spray paint to paint pictures to sell of the ny skyline. Does anyone know if these guys are still about doing this? And where on/near TS I can go to find them?

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,285 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
554 Reviews
from $34.00*
15 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Times Square spray painted

Painter **

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
452 posts
2. Re: Times Square spray painted

They are everywhere in/around Times Square (and other turistic areas). You won´t have problems finding them.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Times Square spray painted

I am having problems, I can’t find them!!

Will have another look tomorrow

sydney
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Times Square spray painted

Last Christmas they were selling them across the road from Radio City music Hall near the big red ornaments.

Level Contributor
844 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Times Square spray painted

Try south side of 42 Street midway between Broadway and 6th Ave. no guarantee they will be there, but they often are.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Times Square spray painted

I have found them North of Times Squ just up from the M&M shop and are there later in the day and can be easy to miss as normally a large crowd but you will know when you are close as will be able to smell the paint fumes!! Will be interested to know where you find them and the cost as will be in NYC in a few weeks as this is on my list too. Hope that helps and you are having a great trip.

Edited: 3:22 am, November 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,935 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Times Square spray painted

I walked around this area Friday-Sunday nights last weekend and don’t recall seeing/smelling any of the painters. Weird, they used to be all up and down 42nd St.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,131 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Times Square spray painted

The paint fumes from these guys was horrendous the few times I saw them by Bryant Park. It's been a while, but I seem to recall the painter wearing a respiratory of some sort. As I walked by, I thought to myself that he should be handing those out for anyone in the area, the fumes were bad.

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
86 reviews
9. Re: Times Square spray painted

A passing cigarette might cause some problems as well.

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,771 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Times Square spray painted

We watched a guy doing this at the Manhattan end of the Brooklyn Bridge by the stairs down into the subway. He was wearing a respirator. Be sure to stand up wind.

Reply to: Times Square spray painted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted