We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Williamsburg - worth a visit???

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Williamsburg - worth a visit???

Going to NYC soon and have heard that Williamsburg is worth a look. Does anyone have anymore information since i don't really have an idea of where (or what) it is. Also info regarding getting there would also be useful..thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Williamsburg - worth a visit???

It's in Brooklyn. Here's some info on Williamburg and also DUMBO, another area in Brooklyn

newyorkmetro.com/realestate/…williamsburg.htm

newyorkmetro.com/realestate/…dumbo.htm

Here's the subway map

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

You can also take the nywatertaxi.com to get to DUMBO

new york ny
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Williamsburg - worth a visit???

It's worth a visit. You should know that the area we are talking about is very young and residential.

If you are interested in seeing some funky, artsy type stores, and want a casual but not rushed lunch or dinner and you feel like venturing by subway out of Manhattan, than it's for you.

What they do not have is a developed waterfront area, so don't expect views.

The other neighborhood in Brooklyn, DUMBO does have restaurants with views. Bubby's I would only recommend for breakfast or a glass of wine. The famous River Cafe is also located here with views of Manhattan, Jaque Torres famous chocolate shop, Grimaldi's pizza, along with a couple of other restaurants, galleries and stores are here. If you're more interested in views than little artsy stores, go to DUMBO. To me it feels richer in history.

new york ny
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Williamsburg - worth a visit???

Just need to make sure you are talking about Williamsburg NY, and not the Historic Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. Two completely different places!

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Williamsburg - worth a visit???

thanks for your help people - and yes it is nyc im talking about