We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Steak

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Steak

Hi - in Manhattan now and loving every minute of it :-)

Looking for a recommendation for not-so-pricey steak : I’m the person who is unable to differentiate a good and a cheap meat - for me it’s a grilled beef lol

Thanks All!

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from $34.00*
13 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Steak

Someone asked this last week.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
18,669 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Steak

One of the cheapest, no frills, meat centric places has to be Ikinari Steak.

You choose your cut of meat by the ounce, they cook it for you over the grills and give you a side of garlic rice, and you eat standing up. Yes, standing up. It's quick and cheap but for anyone just wanting a steak fix, it's good value.

For example, Sirloin is $2.27 per ounce at dinner. If you order 12 oz (about 340 grams) it will cost you $27.24 and is much cheaper than a traditional steakhouse.

http://ikinaristeakusa.com

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Steak

If you don’t care about the whole U.S. steakhouse experience, look for a Peruvian or Brazilian restaurant near you and order entraña (skirt steak). It’s super flavorful, and generally well-priced. (Or seek out an Argentinian steakhouse, which is likely to be a bit more expensive, but still cheaper than the Old School NYC temples of meat.)

No specific rec’s, since I don’t know where you are and my go-to places are in Brooklyn anyway, but I’m sure you can find something on Yelp if you want to go this route.

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Steak

Thanks guys. Much appreciated it. The ikiyani one is interesting! Will check it out.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
248 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Steak

It ain't Michelin starred, but if you want a CHEAP steak dinner, Tad's Steaks (50th St/7th Ave) will provide exactly that.

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Steak

Thanks Alan - no I ain’t looking for any Michelin’s starred steak place - for me it’s grilled beef all the same !!! :)

Thanks man!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Steak

You can get a steak, salad, and frites (fries) at Le Relais de Venise L'Entrecote (L'Entrecote for short) for $29.95. My sister likes it. I prefer Balthazar's Steak Frites. But anyway, L'Entrecote sells only one thing - the steak and frites and they do it at a good price,

www.relaisdevenise.com/pdf/newyork-menu.pdf

Edited: 6:59 pm, October 23, 2017
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,010 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Steak

I wrote this in the other thread but...

Capital Grille Time Life building has a 3 course pre theater dinner for $39. There are 2 cuts of steak available. Tip, tax and drinks on top of that. Click pre theater to see the menu

https:/…

Bar steak at Balthazar in Soho is another idea.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,066 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Steak

I don;t think Tad's is actually steak within the meaning of the act - it's the McDonald's for steakish meat.

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Steak

I agree, nytraveler. Actually, steakish is probably giving their meat too much credit. I don't think even Adolph would touch it.

Reply to: Cheap Steak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted