We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour in NY

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tour in NY

Hello everyone, my fiance and I will be heading up to New York in early October 2017. I was wondering if anyone had come across Go New York Tours. They offered reasonably cheap tickets online and I want to know if we should go ahead and make the purchase. The reviews were not so great, but the same applies to other tour companies as well.

Thanks in advanced! :)

Mentioned in this post
GO New York Tours
GO New York Tours
1,755 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17,411 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour in NY

Taking a bus tour is NOT the way to see NYC. Typically they spend a huge amount of time sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, are very expensive, and show you only the outside of a limited number of buildings since the busses are banned in some areas (Central Park) and some of the more charming neighborhoods (they have limited routes on commercial streets). If you MUST have a tour look at onboard which is a small van and the guide actually shows you some sights versus your just being stuck separated from the life of NYC.

Much better to do the research, decided what YOU want to do and see and just go an do it. There is very fast, efficient and inexpensive subways that go most places and almost all major sights have audio tours you can rent if you want. A much better way to really get a feel for the city and explore the more charming/interesting neighborhoods which must be done on foot. (Do check for walking tours info in the top questions in the column on the right of the page.)

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
118,098 Reviews
New York City, NY
OnBoard New York Tours
OnBoard New York Tours
1,479 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
958 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour in NY

NO, go with Big Bus, they have good reviews on tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Florida
Level Contributor
657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tour in NY

I agree with Calibest. While yes, you can get stuck sitting in traffic, that also gives you time to look around the area from the bus to see if this area interests you. We've taken the HOHO bus a couple of times we visited. They do take you to some areas you probably would not go to on your own. And, if you're lucky like we were, you might just get a broadway play actor who is moonlighting on the side. We had such fun with this fellow. While sitting in traffic, he sang and danced for us and even with us. Everyone enjoyed that tour.

4. Re: Bus tour in NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, today