We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
815 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

(Already been to SOL & ESB during one day visit a couple of years ago. Also, have been to lots of museums and don't want to spend too much time inside!)

5/30 arrive at JFK at 7:30 P.M, taxi to Inn on 23rd,look around the neighborhood, rest up for next day.

5/31: get subway pass, take subway to ? and get tickets for Ellis as early as possible; After Ellis Island, explore Lower Manhatten, Ground Zero, St. Paul's;

6/01: Stay in Chelsea and explore galleries, Chelsea Market, wander around Soho

6/02: Subway to Midtown, wander along 5th Avenue, MOMA, lunch at Union Square Cafe, Rockefeller Center and Rainbow room for afternoon drink, find the TKTS booth for possible play in evening.

6/03: Explore Central Park, Upper West Side and Upper East side, (Can you do this in a day????) Zabar's for snacks to take to the Park, possible late lunch at the Boathouse, and a drink at Tavern on the Green;

6/04: Flea Markets in Chelsea, Soho and Greenwich; Time Square at night, dinner at Chez Josephine, and Braodway Play;

6/05: Brunch at Balthazar; Shopping/walking in Greenwich all day. Maybe book the Harbor Lights Tour that evening'

6/06 Free day to return to anything we did not get enough of

6/07 Taxi to JFK and fly out around 3:00.

Mentioned in this post
Union Square Cafe
Union Square Cafe
1,159 Reviews
New York City, NY
Zabar's
Zabar's
544 Reviews
New York City, NY
Greenwich
Greenwich
New York
Littleton, CO
Level Contributor
271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

On day 5/31 after getting off the ferry, grab a cab and have them drive you about a mile or a bit more - only $3 - $4.00 to South Sea Port. Great ships, picture opportunities, and then walk towards Wall Street. Great shops between South Sea Port and Wall Street along cobble stone streets.

Flushing, NY
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

On 5/31, take the #1 or #9 subway to South Ferry.

On 6/2, find someplace else for lunch Union Square Cafe is not in midtown. Everything else you have for that day is in midtown or further north. If you want Union Square Cafe for lunch, it fits in better on your 6/1 or 6/4 schedule.

On 6/3, other than museums, there's not a whole lot to see on the upper east side. Stay with the Park and west side.

OPn your free day, 6/6, suggest you take the train to Brooklyn and explore Brooklyn Heights and the Promenade. Grab a pizza at Grimaldi's for lunch and then walk back to Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Mentioned in this post
Union Square Cafe
Union Square Cafe
1,159 Reviews
New York City, NY
Brooklyn Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge
16,604 Reviews
New York City, NY
US
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

4.4 buy tickets on the net

6/02: Subway to Midtown, wander along 5th Avenue, MOMA, lunch at Union Square Cafe, Rockefeller Center and Rainbow room for a long rlexad afternoon drink - going to Brodway to see....

You have such a nice but a bit busy intinerary, don't waist time on the TKTS lines. And even if you buy on the net theres no need to pay full price. Just grab a discount code from sites like www.broadwaybox.com

Mentioned in this post
Union Square Cafe
Union Square Cafe
1,159 Reviews
New York City, NY
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

I feel like my neighborhood's being unfairly maligned! There's plenty to see on the upper east side. Carnegie Hill is great to explore -- particularly the blocks between Fifth & Madison where you'll find beautiful townhouses and mansions, and the chic shops along Madison, between the 60s and 96th Street. Good restaurants too. One of my favorites is the postage-stamp-sized bistro, Table d'Hote, on 92nd just east of Madison Avenue.

Mentioned in this post
Carnegie Hill
Carnegie Hill
14 Reviews
New York City, NY
Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
815 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will take Ruffian's suggestion about Brooklyn on our free day and walk back over the bridge. That evening, we are thinking about the Harbour Cruise. This all sounds like a great conclusion to our NYC experience. Also will move Union Square Cafe as suggested.

If any of you ever visit California, I hope I can be of assistance!

Mentioned in this post
Union Square Cafe
Union Square Cafe
1,159 Reviews
New York City, NY
Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
815 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yet Another Itinerary......You guys are SO HELPFUL!

Bettina...I would never neglect your neighborhood! We love to walk through residential areas and explore and that includes the Upper East Side!