We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone tried NY Waterway or NY Visions?

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
72 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone tried NY Waterway or NY Visions?

Hi,just planning my NYC trip in late November, I was wondering which is the best way of seeing Manhattan via a cruise - Circleline or NY Waterways? I have read that the NY Waterway is a lot quicker (which i like) but in all the guidebooks i have come across it seems Circleline is the better experience.Also, I am planning to take the NY Visions bus tour "NY,NY" which is basically an overview of all the major sites (as this is my 1st time there) but was also thinking of doing the "NY by night tour" which includes a visit to the Empire State. The problem is the cost factor - the bus tours cost abt $50 each so has anyone tried both of them and is it really worth it doing both of them?

Mentioned in this post
NY Waterway
NY Waterway
111 Reviews
New York City, NY
Empire Hotel
Empire Hotel
6,540 Reviews
New York City, NY
Butler, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone tried NY Waterway or NY Visions?

I took a Circle Line tour when I was in the city in May. The tour was quite interesting and the narrator had some great inside info. The views of the Statue of Liberty were awesome and the captain slowed and turned the boat so people on both sides could have good photo opoptunities. I just took a short tour, the one that only goes half-way around the island. The next time I intend to take the full circle tour. It was well worth the time and the money. Have Fun!

Mentioned in this post
Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty
35,860 Reviews
New York City, NY
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone tried NY Waterway or NY Visions?

I took the NY Waterways 1.5 hour tour in late September. It was great! It went halfway around Manhattan, then turned around and came back. We got nice and close to the Statue of Liberty for some great pictures, and the captain was very informative. It was just the right length of time. I did an internet search and came up with some discounted tickets that I printed on my printer. Saved some time when we got there. Also, NY Waterways provides free bus service to and from the pier.

Mentioned in this post
Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty
35,860 Reviews
New York City, NY