We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City/ street map

Belgium
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
City/ street map

Where can I buy a nice streetmap/ city-map of NY, we don't have any here in Belgium in guidebooks, so if I'm in New York City, can I buy one there, somewhere?

Any idea of what it costs?

Thx!

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
East Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City/ street map

Every touristy shop in NY will sell maps etc.

But surely the likes have Amazon have reached Belguim by now....buy off the Internet and be prepared by the time you land in NY.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City/ street map

Like Mike says Amazon is the best place if your bookshops don't sell maps. I have an Insight Fleximap. It is laminated and is durable enough to last for many visits. They are 4.99 GB Pounds and I have seen them for sale on Amazon.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City/ street map

i live in sunny ? brussels and you can go to FNAC in city 2 and easily get a map. you ca naslo go to waterstones or amazon. I just got the rough guide map and guide from them.

let me know if you have any trouble and i will sort you.

Belgium
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City/ street map

Hi BrusselsBoy, is this a streetmap with all the attractions marked on it? Can you buy this map seperatly or do you buy it only together wit a rough guide / or guidebook?

Thx a lot!

East Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City/ street map

Maybe this link will give you some ideas....there are dozens on NYC maps available with or without the guide book.

amazon.co.uk/exec/…026-4076221-8710863

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City/ street map

sorry it took so long to get back to you.

The map is a stand alonemap looks pretty good to me. it is waterproof and ha a lot of tourist inof on it as well as the map. it costs 4.99 GBP.

Sandbach, Cheshire...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: City/ street map

Pick up a copy of Where magazine. They're free from nearly all hotel lobbies. It has all the maps you need, including subway, and is a useful guide to where to eat and drink and what to do in NYC. As it is a magazine, you won't feel obvious opening it up on the streets to use the maps.