We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in NYC?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in NYC?

Hi. We are off on our trip on Tuesday - me, husband and 14 year old daughter. I have used the forum to help decide on some visits (although we are not as structured as many of the site!) One thing I couldn't find. Any advice on good place for breakfast?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
474 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in NYC?

We had a wonderful breakfast at Sarabeth's. According to their website, they have 4 locations, but we went to the one on Amsterdam. My most memorable breakfast in 6 visits to NYC.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in NYC?

I feel like I should be getting a commission from this place because I keep recommending it. Honestly I have no affiliation with this restaurant but it is my absolute favorite place for breakfast in New York:

Pershing Square (which is very centrally located) at 42nd Street and Park Avenue - right accross from Grand Central Terminal (under the bridge).

They have everything you could want for breakfast (pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, omelets, etc.) and everything is great and moderately priced ($10 - $13). The space if very pretty too and very big so you never have to wait for a table.

My favorite thing is the french toast. Also, the iced cappachino is excellent. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in NYC?

That's good to hear about Pershing Square. I've only been there for dinner and didn't like it at all. Maybe I should give it a try for breakfast.

My suggestion for breakfast is the wonderful Norma's in Le Parker Meridien Hotel.

Have a look at their menu:

http://www.parkermeridien.com/nmenu.htm

New York, NY
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in NYC?

Bettina - Yes, check out Pershing Square for breakfast (order the french toast or the pancakes - they are so good (!) & they give you real maple syrup which not every place does). I always take people there and everyone seems to love it. : )

I have never been there for dinner.

I have been wanting to try Norma's and actually did try to go there the last time I had a friend in town but I don't think they take reservations and they told me the wait would be over an hour. I guess the trick would be to find out when they start serving and get there early. Maybe it's just like that on the weekends....do they serve breakfast on weekdays? Also (note to Dobbo) I think they are supposed to be pretty expensive.

Dobbo: Another place to try is Georgio's Country Grill which is on 9th Avenue and 53rd Street. They serve breakfast all day and are really inexpensive and also good. Big selection. They also make amazing shakes - have about 15 different kinds - and make all kinds of fresh squeezed juice.