We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

We travel from Scotland to Toronto (family visit) in April and will travel to New York for a two night stay at The Belvedere Hotel on 19th April arriving at 1.30 pm , we leave on 21st at 3.30pm so really only have one afternoon, one full day and one morning, not much time, and as we don`t have a clue where anything is we are really at your mercy, please help us, we would like to go to ESB and also visit Ground Zero to pay our respects. If you can tell us anything else we can visit, we will be in your debt, we look forward to hearing from anyone who can help us to make the best of a short visit . Mo

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

Once again thanks to you all for your help, checked visa requirement, we are ok to travel on to New York as we have return tickets and meet all the passport rules. Hope we can put your plan into action for E.S.B. Will let you know, cheers M.D.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

Once again thanks for your help, checked visa requirements, we are ok to travel on to New York as we have return tickets and meet all passport rules, Hope we can put your plan into action for ESB, will let you know, Cheers M.D.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

Oops! didn`t think it had printed sorry!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

Days, can you run that past me again - I'm getting confused with your escalator references. Do you mean elevator?

Scotland
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

M.D.

You were right to check on the Visa situation for your own peace of mind if nothing else. We did similar to you last year and I had a recurring nightmare of being refused entry somewhere. However I can confirm we had no problems with our Edinburgh-Toronto- Las Vegas-Toronto- Edinburgh itineray. As you say, as long as you have proof of return travel to Scotland you will be OK. Of course, things will change when they start insisting on biometric passports etc. but let's worry about that when it happens. I will be travelling Visa free to NY in July.

Enjoy Toronto and NY in April

Cheers

Floyder

AZ
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

No i dont mean elevator. When you go in at ground level, the first thing they do is send you up an escalator and separate people into two lines: with tickets or without tickets. You are in one of these lines waiting to be ushered up the next escalator. If you decide you want to leave at that point, they send you UP rather than DOWN the same escalator you would be going up if you wanted to go to the area for going to the top. When you come out there you can either leave or go up a THIRD escalator which takes you to an elevator for observation deck. Those people dont know whether you are leaving, or going up. that is all i meant.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Visiting New York, Itineray help, PLEASE

They must do things differently when there are long lines - I don't remember having to do any of that!