We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After opera

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
After opera

Okay We're headed to the Hilton for drinks after the opera. I'm wondering if thats the best choice. It's our first night in NYC and the view is the important thing. We may want a snack but it's the atmosphere and view we'll be looking for that night.

What do you think?

New York
Level Contributor
717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: After opera

I'd consider the 35th floor lounge of the Mandarin Oriental, a short walk from Lincoln Center, or Top of the Tower at the Beekman on the East Side (a five-minute cab ride).

Both offer super views.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,929 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After opera

I agree on the Mandarin Oriental. It's close to Lincoln Center. Dizzy's Coca Cola, the jazz place is also right there with a view and drinks, but maybe jazz after opera would be a break in mood.

The Beekman Tower is all the way over near the east river and the UN. Unless you're staying on the east side, that's quite a trek east to come back west. BTW, there is more than 1 Hilton. The one in Times Square does have a view. The one on 6th ave doesn't.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After opera

okay. The Mandarin Oriental it is. Thanks!