We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering about rentals

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
72 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering about rentals

We're considering taking a job in Carlsbad, but need some information to help us make a decision. What kinds of rental rates are available? We would like a 3 bedroom house near a great school as we have children. Can anyone give an idea of what that would cost? What about a place to stay for a week or so while we hunt for a place to live? Is there an extended stay type of hotel that is good for children? Anything else you can tell us to help us decide? Thank you so much for your help!

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering about rentals

Hi Lisasjm1,

Just letting you know that these forums on Trip Advisor are basically for travel related questions. You're unlikely to get helpful responses for what you're looking for. Sorry (and I hope to be proved wrong).

Keith

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering about rentals

I agree with Keith. Contact the Chamber of Commerce. They most certainly will be able to give you all the info you need. Welcome to New Mexico!!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
72 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering about rentals

Thank you. We are headed out there in a week or so. I have heard rumors of no housing and since we are going with 2 children. I did not get a response from the Chamber and their website only lists 4 rentals. Maybe a recommendation for an extended stay hotel? Or any decent hotel that is not too expensive? Thank you.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wondering about rentals

Check out this forum... http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-mexico/

5. Re: Wondering about rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 01, 2013