We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

Leicester...
1 post
Save Topic
Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

What time would I need to leave on Monday morning to be back in Worcester for 1 PM? What is Monday traffic like in July?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

I'd leave Wellfleet at about 8 a.m. in case there was traffic at the Sagamore Bridge. Some people who have homes on the Cape avoid Sunday traffic by leaving early Monday morning. But they usually leave home about 6 a.m. to get to work on time.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,819 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

I would plan on about 3.5 hours.

Edited: 5:12 pm, July 06, 2012
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

I still don't get all this talk about Cape traffic to Boston. Today, Saturday, we left Dennisport ''early' at 11AM in anticipation of all this traffic. We never experienced this before but then we usually depart on a Tuesday. Okay, so instead of a 90 minute ride down 6 and up 3 to Logan today it took 2 hours and 10 minutes. We did slow on Cape a bit, later had a gawkers slow down for an accident on the opposite shoulder and slowed for roadside utility work. Yet we arrived so early that JetBlue said it was too early to check baggage which is why I am now noodling around on Logan's free wifi.

Edited: 3:42 pm, July 07, 2012
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

Sorry to hear that you are on your way home. Don't know what the weather is like in Chicago but it was 36C degrees here yesterday with unbelievable humidity. Are you going again in August/September?

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

There are a few posters who hammer home Saturday change over traffic on the cape. I haven't experienced change over traffic in years. Saturday coming off the cape to Logan, is never a problem. With a name like capecodcharlie, why wouldn't you know this?

To the op: alan's suggestion works.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

What a beautiful beach day it was yesterday Yellowbird. It is a shame to be going home but it's a little more bearable since it is overcast today. We are just now talking about whether we will be back in seven weeks or six and we are already looking forward to our return. For some reason the Cape just never gets old for us. Lucky you to live right there in Eastham. Stay cool.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

Well Financial because, as I mentioned, we usually return home on Tuesdays.But we DID see some pretty solid traffic coming on Cape at that time though still not all that bad imho.

Yes Senior, will be back in 6 or 7 weeks and are already starting the count down. I read about some event in Orleans on Sept. 2 and thought of you. I'll dig it out if you will be there then.

Edited: 9:56 pm, July 07, 2012
Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

Sorry not trying to be flip but you have 6000 posts and I'm assuming spend time on the cape. Your post sounded like someone was misleading you. Traffic during the week in the morning can get backed up at any given time. Saturday is an easy commute to Boston. This is pretty much the way it has been since route 3 was made.

9. Re: Cape Cod Traffic for a Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, July 10, 2016