We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

Montreal, Quebec...
1 post
Save Topic
Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

We rented a house in summer 2011 by this agency.

As usual, they asked for a deposit, which is ok. They just take checks, which is already less ok. No bank transfer, no credit.

But they kept up 70$ for an extra charge after we were back with the mention "hair dog" everywhere in the house. Probleme : we didn't have any dog,

I phoned on september 12th and e-mail on september 13th.

I e-mailed again on september 22th.

We are october 25th and still no news.

Is this serious agent? I don't think so. We've rented houses in many places in the world and this is the first time such a thing happens.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,927 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

Congrats on your first posting. Too bad it had to be over dog hair.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

I would try the better business bureau before TA. Also, a quick search does not indicate any company known as Wellfleet Real Estate Agency. I may be wrong. So, complaining about an anonymous company really is futile.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

You didn't mention the name of the real estate agency. Who did you speak to or send your e-mail to who has not responded to you? I must say that we never have complaints about realtors keeping deposits on this board. Also, it is customary on the Cape that all payments be by check. I know, old-fashioned but true.

Edited: 3:01 pm, October 25, 2011
4. Re: Avoid Wellfleet real estate agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, November 06, 2015