We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brownies cabins?

Delaware
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Brownies cabins?

Wondering if anyone has seen these cabins or heard any feedback. I cannot find any reviews. Will be traveling in Sept after labor day and these seem like a good option for us but we will be traveling with 2 year old and don't want a disaster. We aren't looking for anything fancy but clean is a priority...

Thanks

http://www.browniescabincondos.com/

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brownies cabins?

This website hasn't been updated for a number of years. I think that I know where this property is but I thought that it was under another name. Perhaps take a look at the column on the left for other options, or at this late date contact a realtor.

Edited: 12:40 pm, August 22, 2011
Delaware
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brownies cabins?

ok thanks. I don't think the name changed, they currently list on weneedavacation under that name. There is only one review on there from last year and it is just a sentence...

http://www.weneedavacation.com/Cape/8774.htm

I will check on other options as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brownies cabins?

They are all condominiums so the furnishings and condition of each unit could vary. I saw photos of two different ones on-line--one looked nice and the other not so nice.

They are right on Rt. 6, the main road through the Cape. There are many other small cabin/cottage/condo places in the area. I would look to rent a place that had reviews and that perhaps was in a quieter location.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brownies cabins?

The one on weneedavacation looks ok but I wonder if it has any heating. It can get quite cool at night in September and you may need to consider this if you have a two year old.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brownies cabins?

I'm pretty sure that Brownie's went condo years ago. So a recent experience in one cabin may be totally different in another one. That's why it's on weneedavacation ... it's a private rental, not a 'hotel-style' rental.

They are right on Rte 6, in a pretty wooded area. You'll have access to National Seashore beaches and lots of other things, as long as you have a car.

I believe Sutton Place on Rte 6A is N.Truro still is a private entity as is Days' Cottages on 6A. You will be able to find reviews for Days', but no saying if they have openiings. Sutton Place looks well-cared for, but I'm surprised to see no reviews here on TA. White village is situated between the two already mentioned, but I believe those are condos (or at least some of them are).

Edited: 2:15 pm, August 22, 2011
Delaware
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brownies cabins?

Thanks for all the replies. It makes sense now why I don't see any reviews.

7. Re: Brownies cabins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, July 13, 2014