We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PB Boulangerie

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
PB Boulangerie

I have heard rave reviews of this authentic French bakery..will head up Sunday..anyone been lately??

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: PB Boulangerie

Now in the NYT:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/the-great-wellfleet-croissant-invasion/?scp=1&sq=cape+cod&st=cse

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: PB Boulangerie

Both chefs are experts in the back of the house. The front of the house will probably get better as time goes on.

That was a fun article, Kendrick. Other than the recipe for croissants given in grams and kilos, the best line was chef Rispoli's:

"A lot of locals come here,” Rispoli says. “Everyone needs bread with their oysters.”

Who could argue with that?

Orleans...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: PB Boulangerie

ok food, not fabulous, sadly.

service is well, French. rude .

wait is long for entree. between first and entree over 25 minutes.

try other French restaurant in Brewster before this one.

Boston, MA
10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: PB Boulangerie

Kendrick: I'm well aware of the practice of "reserving" extra $ in case you choose to add the tip later (happehs occasionally with gas stations as well). My experience has been that, when I check my bank statement on-line, the "overcharge" shows when "pending" but NEVER once it is final. In this case, it remained as the full amount. And I started the discussion with my bank before going back to the restaurant and they were unable to rectify it.

I choose to leave a cash tip as my daughter, during college-waitressing days, indicated it was better for the waitstaff to leave cash....so we try to take care of the "little people." Not sure if our server was responsible for the overcharge - Valeria (wife of one of the owners) specifically asked for the name of the server from our receipt. But they did refund the $ and that's the important part....I've seen many instances on these boards when it took a lot more than that to get it done.

Boston...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: PB Boulangerie

We went there again this weekend (to the bakery only) and once again bread was wonderful but the service is lacking

I gave them a break on 1st and 2nd visits but as one poster stated it just appears that they are a bit rude and uncaring.

If they are overwhelmed they best find some solutions before their clientele becomes underwhelmed.

16. Re: PB Boulangerie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 26, 2011