We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Wellfleet!!!!

Which Wellfleet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Wellfleet!!!!

We had a great time at Paine's campground. It's excellent camping if you are in to that. We did a lot of biking and going to the beach. The ride along ocean view is great and there is a section around Marconi that is just beautiful for walking and biking called cedar swamp. When visiting the Cape there are two must haves for my group: Icecream and seafood, especially whole belly fried clams. I was very disappointed with PJ's restaurant fried clams. The batter was thick as pancakes and the flavor was not appropriate for fried clams. My son loved their burger though. We also went to Mac's on the pier for the clams, lobster and steamers and it was all excellent. For icecream, stay away from Bob's sub and cone on route 6 . The service was horrible and they will not let you try their combination flavors before buying them. See my review under restaurants for more information. Their hard icecream was probably the worst I have ever had....no one complained about the soft icecream though, but the other group we were with had similar dissatisfaction with the young male server. They were not busy either???? I highly recommend Ben and Jerry's up the street or Mac's on the pier, both had excellent service despite being soooo busy, they gave samples and the ice cream was to die for!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Wellfleet!!!!

In Wellfleet we went to an Emack and Bolio's right next to Winslow Tavern... I forget what the name of this ice cream place is called. Excellent ice cream (PLUS they serve Raspberry Lime Rickeys), and they do allow sample tastes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Wellfleet!!!!

Thanks, I'll note those two places for my return next summer. Raspberry lime rickeys go way back for me!!!!

3. Re: Just back from Wellfleet!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, October 06, 2009