We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets/banks/gas stations

Which Chinle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
2 posts
Save Topic
supermarkets/banks/gas stations

Planning to be in Chinle- I wanted to know if there are any supermarkets, a bank (if so, which one) and gas stations in town- If not, how far would one have to drive to get to one?

thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,455 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

You'll find gas and a grocery for sure. I believe the grocer is Basha's, the large privately owned and operated AZ chain. For banking, I would check with your home bank(s) to see who they cooperate with or where their branches are.

How long do you intend to be in Chinle, and where will you be coming from and going to?

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

There is a bank there but don't know the name of it. My grandson is going there thisJuly for a work trip. They were given a list of the two restaurants, a Bashas and a bank.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

There is a Wells Fargo branch in the shopping center next to Basha's.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

Thank you that helps!

2 months for work! Coming from east coast.

Not familiar with Basha's- is it like any other supermarket? Fresh fruits and veggies available?

Edited: 10:32 pm, March 19, 2013
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

very nice store. I remember seeing it when we were there at Canyon de Chelle as it was near the one restaurant, but its not as large as most. However I didn't go in it.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,455 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

Basha's is an excellent company. Arizona only. Family owned. They'll have everything you'll possibly need.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

Basga's is really great - and it'll fell like, say a Safeway ... they really have anything you need - we got one in town as well and I always shop there.

8. Re: supermarkets/banks/gas stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 22, 2014