We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best? Need help.

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
10 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel is best? Need help.

I have never been to San Diego. I am struggling to decide between the Pacific Terrace Hotel or Best Western Island Palms? I am travelling with my husband and 15 year old son. Anybody have advice?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,678 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is best? Need help.

They are 2 very different hotels in terms of location and price. The Pacific Terrace is on the beach at Pacific Beach which is about 15 min north of downtown SanDiego.. The Best Western I sland Palms is on Shelter Island(not really an island) which is attached by a street to the "mainland". It is on the north side of SanDiego Bay. There is NO beach. It is just around the bay from the airport (about 8min) and downtown. Pacific Terrace is usually MUCH more expensive than Island Palms. If they are the same price then take the Pacific Terrace especially if you are coming when there is good beach weather.

2. Re: Which hotel is best? Need help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, August 21, 2009